About a week ago, I saw this survey pop up on Olive to Run’s blog; and, while I try to keep things like this (non-original posts) to a minimum, I’m actually such a sucker for a good survey and linkup opportunity (list-making is my weakness). Also, it doesn’t involve much intensive creative thinking on my part when my current wells of inspiration have been siphoned dry by Camp NaNoWriMo! Yay for easy posts! I’m like that teacher in elementary school who just let you watch videos all day when they were hungover. Except I’m not hungover. Just tired.
Too strong? Yeah…
Moving on. Survey time!
5 things for which I have a passion (reworded because I couldn’t stand the dangling preposition)
Oh hey, my About page covers this! Sweetness!
- Writing–fiction, poetry, blog
- All manner of scholarly endeavors
- aand, Travel
+ cooking, occasionally. I dunno. Sometimes I just really want a personal gourmet chef.
5 things I would like to do before I die
- Publish a novel!
- Do an Ironman triathlon like those crazy folk (never mind the fact that I swim like a mortally wounded polar bear)
- Go hanggliding off the Bighorn Mountains
- Volunteer abroad
- Find the love of my life
5 things I say a lot
- “Fooberries”. <–standard expletive
- “GAAAH!”<–multipurpose exclamation; used to denote extreme frustration, confusion, giddiness or ecstasy–deduce interpretation based on amount of “a” ‘s and exclamation points. Context is your friend.
- “I’m making a smoothie.”
- “Citrus! BIRD BIRD!” <–usually screamed from across the house, used as a locating call. He always responds.
- “What if (insert insanely implausible/impossible random scenario)?” I pride myself on obscure curiosity.
5 books or magazines I’ve recently read (also reworded)
(pssst–I’m on Goodreads!) Books with reviews are linked thusly.
Story of a Girl, Sara Zarr
Under the Dome, Stephen King (in progress)
5 favorite movies
Ehh. I don’t really do the movies thing.
- Despicable Me
- The Sandlot
- all the Star Wars movies (yes, even the prequels. They hold an immense amount of nostalgic value for me. Haters gon’ hate.)
- all the Harry Potter movies (yes, this is a total cop-out.)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
5 places I where I would love to travel (also reworded)
- South America (I would love to someday study abroad in a Spanish-speaking country [currently fluent through my fingers, not so much through my mouth] ;P)
- Wyoming! (I’m actually headed back there to stay at a summer home for a week, in a week! Excitement!)
5 people I cordially invite to take this survey
- Teenie Yogini! I want to learn more about you!
- Life Hands You Limes
- Plants & Pages
- and good ol’ Literary Flaneur. Unless it clashes with your blog’s theme or something. Which I can understand. But you should do it anyway.
Well, that actually took more effort than I expected from my so-called “easy post”. See you all tomorrow with a bright and spiffy Poemography post! Right now sleep is sounding pretty desirable…